Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan: which sectors are most attractive to foreign investors?

MINEX Forum | June 30, 2020
img0 Most major rating agencies keep indicating the credit rating of Kazakhstan as stable. This positive outlook is the result of the measures taken by the Kazakh government on economic stabilization. The Kazakh government approved a comprehensive plan for the restoration of economic growth. It includes tax incentives and expansion of the loan issuance, as well ...

Velocity Announces Discovery of New Gold Zone and High-Grade Gold Drill Results from Obichnik Gold Project, Bulgaria

MINEX Forum | June 4, 2020
img0 Velocity Minerals Ltd. (TSX.V: VLC) (“Velocity” or the “Company”) announces that it has received results from 14 additional drill holes from its Obichnik gold project (“Obichnik”), Bulgaria.  Results include the first drill test of the Sivri Tepe target, located approximately 400m to the west of the established Durusu Tepe zone.  The Sivri Tepe discovery highlights ...

Tethyan Resource acquisition of past-producing silver-zinc-lead mines in Serbia is completed

MINEX Forum | May 19, 2020
img0 Kizevak and Sastavci are former silver-zinc-lead mines in the Raska district of South-western Serbia. Serbian company EFPP d.o.o. is the holder of two exploration licences over these past-producing mines. Tethyan Resource Corp. announced that it has closed the transaction for the acquisition of 10% of EFPP and the exclusive right to purchase the remaining 90% ...

Zijin Serbia, Exploitation begins in second half of 2021 – 44.7 million tonnes of ore mined at Cukar Peka

MINEX Forum | January 6, 2020
img0 In the upper zone of the Chukar Peka deposit near Bor, 44.7 million tonnes of ore with high copper content and associated gold and silver content have been certified, said Minister of Mining and Energy Aleksandar Antic. The minister said that the Chinese company Zidjin is intensively working on a project to open the Chukar ...

Vast Resources to soon start initial trial production at Baita Plai mine in Romania

MINEX Forum | December 23, 2019
img0 UK-based Vast Resources said that it will shortly start initial trial production at its Baita Plai polymetallic mine in central Romania. The current cold commissioned capacity is up to 7,000 metric tonnes per month and will be progressively increase to 14,000 metric tonnes per month following the arrival of the new equipment from China in ...

Turkish holding eyes mining, extraction projects in Kazakhstan

MINEX Forum | December 16, 2019
img0 Delegation of Turkey’s Eczacibasi Holding has expressed interest to implement projects on extraction and processing of minerals in Kazakhstan, Trend reports with reference to the press office of Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Industry and Infrastructural Development. The issue was discussed during the meeting between Kazakhstan’s Minister of National Economy Ruslan Dalenov and the delegation headed by ...

Adriatic finds high-grade precious metals at Rupice Bosnia mine

MINEX Forum | December 4, 2019
img0 -Adriatic Metals has discovered high-grade precious metal intercepts from a number of drill holes at its Rupice Project in Bosnia and Herzegovina -The Ministry of Forestry, Agriculture and Water Management asked the company that all areas of disturbance in the Zenica-Doboj Canton forest must be inspected -Adriatic said the approvals are taking longer than expected ...